Wondering how to get the most out of your workouts – how to get your burning speed from 0 to 100 in a matter of minutes? Here are some general lifestyle tips that will keep your metabolism burning optimally so you’ll really see those results quickly this summer!
- Eat Breakfast! This is a simple fact: everything that burns needs fuel. If you want your metabolism to start off the day in Burn-mode, give it something to burn! Be it fresh fruit, whole grains, eggs, bacon or dairy products, breakfast is the meal that clenches your burning agreement at the start of the day.
- Stretch! People who stretch in the morning and throughout the day enjoy increased range of motion and always seem to look great. This may be due to the increased supply of oxygen to the brain and other vital organs that is produced by regular stretching of the body, which also coincidentally leads to a faster metabolism.
- Hydrate! Most people have no idea how quickly a human body becomes dehydrated. It is said that by the time your mouth feels dry and you feel thirsty, advanced dehydration is already underway at the cellular level. Needless to say, your body cannot efficiently burn calories for fuel under this debilitating condition. The average human body should consume at least 6-8 glasses of water daily for optimum health and function. This will help to maintain a healthy metabolism as well as digestive regularity.
- Snack! In order to keep the metabolism burning, the body requires constant supplies of proper fuel. Essentially, some foods truly nourish the body and encourage increased metabolic activity. These foods include all varieties of raw fruits and veggies, particularly berries, lemons, limes, apples, beets, carrots and all green vegetables; nuts such as pecans and almonds, or nuts in the form of nut-butters; and low-fat animal proteins such as yogurt and cheese, fish, chicken or turkey. Avoid refined sugar and wheat products, fried and processed snacks and things filled with chemicals like High Fructose Corn Syrup. By eating several small snacks throughout the day and remaining active, your metabolism maintains optimal burning levels all day long as it receives small offerings of nutrients it can convert into fuel.
- Juice! Drinking raw juices containing such fruits and veggies as pineapples, papaya, cucumber, celery, kale, berries, mango, apples, kiwis and bananas—particularly early in the day—kickstart and fuel your metabolism while also providing hydration in the form of liquid nutrients. Although juicing does not take the place of drinking sufficient water, a juicing regimen in addition to regular daily hydration means your body will be functioning at a standard above average, and your metabolism will have the support it needs to burn fat and calories at its maximum capacity.
- Exercise! It can’t be said enough times: exercise is essentially what causes your body to burn fat. Without it, there is no burning, there is no conversion of stored nutrients into fuel for energy: In fact, there is No Energy and we become swollen, sloth-like, lethargic and, very often, depressed. A simple routine of 25 jumping jacks, 25 squats, and 25 push-ups daily is enough to heat up your metabolism to ensure a day of healthy metabolic activity and prevent weight-gain while strengthening the body’s muscular system, improving posture and training your body to burn!
- Sleep! Not getting enough sleep is one of the chief contributors to a chronically sluggish metabolism and its consequential complications that include inflammation, compromised immunity, and weight gain. A minimum of 7-8 hours of sleep a night is required by most adults to provide sufficient rest for all of the metabolic functions of the body. Like any other organism, a tired metabolism cannot work as hard as it should. Rest your body properly and feel the difference in increased vigor, strength and energy in the morning.