Discover the oldest-newest way to become a leaner, stronger, more flexible, powerful and body-aware individual. Challenge yourself to a TRX ‘PLUS’ workout in our fully equipped indoor bouldering room. Combination Rock Climbing and TRX Anti-Gravity Training build strength and lean muscle, sculpting the body while increasing endurance, balance, mental and physical focus, plus amazing flexibility and self-confidence.
A lot of people are curious about the new enthusiasm for bouldering, a form of rock climbing that uses no ropes or hooks, relying exclusively on grip, balance, coordination and proper shifting of body weight. Bouldering is fast becoming a popular pastime at indoor climbing facilities, such as the Rock Climbing Room we have installed at Morphe. Here are some of the most common questions that people are asking about bouldering and how to get started with this form of training:
- What are the benefits of bouldering? This amazing sport works basically every muscle group in the body, relying on gravity and your body weight as a strength builder. Additionally, it builds mental skills by exercising thought patterns that are applicable to all areas of your life: overcoming fear and panic, learning to balance the weight of your body, creating a strategy for your next move… It helps with everything!
- Will it help me to lose weight and get in shape? Bouldering is a strength-building exercise that burns calories and builds lean muscle all over the body, so it will make you look leaner in a very short time if practiced regularly. It also stretches the muscles in your limbs and back, building better posture that also improves your overall appearance, giving you a taller, leaner look.
- Do I need to have climbing experience to take up bouldering? Not at all. The vast majority of my clients at Morphe have never tried rock climbing before, and many of them have become real enthusiasts for this sport.
- Will I require any special equipment or footwear to practice bouldering? Not initially. You can wear the clothes that you would wear to a regular workout. If you do become passionate about the sport and plan to continue and master it, I would recommend purchasing a good pair of climbing shoes; however, you can wear your regular gym shoes to get started or rent climbing shoes from Morphe.
- What happens if I fall? The floor is padded with mattresses, and the height of the walls is limited, so you will not be seriously injured if you fall. The key is to stay focused and you will easily be able to climb your way down from a hold instead of falling.
- Is it safe for kids to try? Totally. Morphe offers classes for kids aged 6-10. Special groups can be accommodated by appointment.
- Where can I go to try it? We have a dedicated bouldering room Morphe where you can come in and try it out. Give us a call at 305.302.4523.
Tried everything at the gym? Need something new and exciting? How about anti-gravity traverse training in the form of rock climbing or bouldering? Morphe is thrilled to announce the completion of our indoor climbing gym, where you can come in and experience bouldering fist-hand.
Bouldering is a style of rock climbing that emphasizes power, strength, and total body awareness. It generally focuses on climbing short distances using short sequences of moves, differing from traditional rock climbing in this limitation of distance and movement, as well as the fact that in bouldering, no ropes are used.
Bouldering is widely gaining popularity and indoor climbing gyms are slowly starting to crop up in select locations. Children are also seeing benefits from participating in the sport, and studies have shown that young climbers develop core strength and balance from climbing at a young age, resulting in improved performance in other areas and an enthusiasm for fitness that continues into adult life. At Morphe, we’ve created an indoor bouldering gym with marked routes for climbers of all levels, and we offer classes for adults as well as children aged 6 to 10.
Climbing exercises consist of following climbing routes that are actually referred to as problems. And in fact, this exercise really does build problem-solving skills. Repeated frequently, climbing strengthens your ability to come up with movement strategies that also build balance, strength, courage, self-esteem, and a sense of continued accomplishment.
This exercise also enhances perception, mental accuracy, and memory, and helps overcome fears and phobias such as fear of heights or fear of falling. The practice also emphasizes the body’s relationship to gravity and the use of one’s own body weight as resistance, both of which are central to the Morphe philosophy. Best of all, it’s FUN! So come on in and play around a little bit. You’ll feel renewed, inspired and reconnected with your own inner strength, power and intelligence.